There are several ways to connect to your Mac OS X file server. The directions below will offer the quickest connection whether at the office or on the road. If the current way you connect is working for you—no need to change to this method.
Enter your user name and password and click Connect
Select to volume you wish to connect to and click OK
- In the Finder go to Go > Connect to Server ...
- Enter the address of your server and click Connect
- Use the Internal Address at the office or when connected via VPN.
- Use the External Address when connecting outside the office or VPN.
- Tip: Click the + button to add the address to your favorites list
- Tip: Go to Finder > Preferences > General and check the box next to Connected servers to see the server volume on your Desktop from now on.