Troubleshooting steps to take when Daylite will not connect to the OpenBase database…
- System Preferences > OpenBase > Fix Permissions.
- Toggle off Automatic IP Address in the OpenBase SysPref pane if it is on.
- Reinstall Daylite. This will not effect the user’s database.
- Daylite Preferences > Administration > Checkbox “Start-up” for the database in question.
- Turn off any network services in SysPrefs that are on but not connected Airport is a common culprit.
- Verify that all OpenBase processes are running: openexec openinfo openmonitor. If not reinstall Daylite.
- Use OpenDNS instead of ISP DNS: 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11