Setting up Shared Addresses (10.6 Server & Client Only)
Method 1 – Group Address Book
- Open WorkGroup Manager click View and select Show System Records.
- Change to the Local Directory click Groups and click Add.
- Change it to LDAP Directory and drag group it into the “AB Read-Write Groups” group and Save.
- Restart Address Book service in Server Admin.
- Open Address Book > Preferences > Accounts and click Add.
- Enter user name & password
- Enter the following as server address and click Create. These names are case-sensitive.
Method 2 – User Address Book
Set up a user on the server for just address sharing. Have users use On My Mac for their addresses and this account for shared addresses.